It’s been 5 months since I put fingers to keys on here…I’m a slacker! For good reason.
I’ve been building a coaching business. Working with entrepreneur women and parents. As you can see, I’m eyeballs deep in parenting…no shit! I’m also a big big big believer in entrepreneurialism and women finding their own way in the world. The reality is a Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm (or whatever) will not give you freedom to live the life you so desire. Sure, it can give you some options, but in the end, you will not have freedom. You will always be slave to someone else’s agenda.
But, I digress….enough about business…let’s talk about life!!!
Where have I been? Well, eyeballs deep in things like setting up websites, shopping carts, SEO…god, it’s all so boring!
What else have I been doing? I have been taking care of me. I am sure that any single person reading this post can agree that we take care of just about everyone else before we take care of ourselves. It’s such bullshit and it’s got to stop! We need to put ourselves first, because if we are miserable and depressed and unhealthy, we can’t take care of anyone else…and seriously…that’s just messed up.
This past year has been a year of growth, tears, laughter, love and so much more for me. It has been a year of living dangerously….hahahah….ok that’s not true…but it has been a year of so many No’s and so many more yeses. When I say no to the things I don’t want to do (yet feel so guilty saying no) I open up immense amounts of space to say yes to the things I want to do! I have been able to take on things I love this past year!
Here is a short list:
1. Took a Ballet workout class…my ass looks amazing!
2. Started voice lessons…watch for my open mic night!
3. Started a card club at my son’s school…it was a riot!
4. Started coaching women who deserve better in their lives and aren’t willing to live a shit life anymore
5. Travelled…California, Vegas, Minnesota…loved hanging with my passion sisters.
6. Let go of toxic people in my life…and I want to tell you…THIS made the biggest difference
7. Laughed a fuck ton with my kids!
8. Made peace with Big Red and we have found our groove.
9. Met some amazing people who have helped me to believe again that I am worthy, I am wonderful and I deserve so much more in my life than I believed!
10. Took a long hard look at what I saw in the mirror and learned that I need to give myself more credit and quit being so mean to myself. If I said things to my daughters that I say to myself (said..I don’t do that anymore) I would find me and kick my own ass.
I have an amazing group of friends…we call ourselves the Table of 8
There are 8 keep people you need in your life to live out loud and live with abandon! I want to say thank you to Diane, Jenna, Darcey, Honor, Becca, Ericka and Savanna for yanking me up and keeping me there when I need them the most.
If you are searching for your Table of 8, I can help. I have a mission to help women find their groove and live out loud! I can’t wait to share the details with you.
Keep your eyes peeled and your pants unbuttoned. It’s going to be a wild ride.
To the very special sweater people in my life, you know who you are. Knit into the fabric of me, breathing life into my soul again and reminding me that every single moment matters, no matter how brief. You have lit a fire in me that long faded. Your presence means more to me than I can ever say.
This year has been a year to rediscover me and to decide what matters the most to me.
A few things will change over the next 6 months and I invite you along on the journey.
Join me and let’s kick some ass this year!!